Mortgage Loan Officer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Seek and develop relationships for new business sources both internally and externally. Interview customers to collect and analyze customer financial information. Advise customers on the risks and benefits of various mortgage products and help select the appropriate loan program within Eagle roadmap timelines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Make sales calls and develop relationships within the community to generate business for the company.
• Interview customer and secure a complete loan application within five days of the purchase agreement.
• Review leads daily and contact borrowers via telephone and email in an attempt to obtain their loan application. Utilize Mortgage Returns system for prospecting.
• Originate and prepare new loans in accordance with the “Loan Officer” agreement, signed at the time of employment, to ensure all loans meet the guidelines of the Products and Policies manual for upfront submission.
• Advise and recommend to the customer regarding the various mortgage loan products based on the customer’s individual needs.
• Recommend to customers the appropriate mortgage loan product to best fit the customer’s financial and individual needs.
• Achieve loan decision within five days of loan application.
• Achieve Conditional Loan Approval I status within thirty days of application date.
• Review interest rates as needed and lock all loans with the borrowers in accordance with the Secondary Marketing Pricing and Rate Lock Policies and Procedures manual, at least fifteen days prior to closing.
• Participate in builder and realtor functions, status meetings, phase releases, phone banks, special events, etc., to develop and maintain relationships and customer service.
• Be accessible to the buyers and associates and return calls in the same day.
• Build rapport with and maintain open lines of communication with borrowers, builders, realtors and processors and provide outstanding customer service.
• Solicit new business from home builders and realtors.
• Provide assistance to New Home Consultants on pre-qualifications of customers; provide status of loans as required.
• Travel to communities to meet with borrowers and obtain loan applications as necessary.
• Meet or exceed closed loan capture rate and spot loan objectives for the division as determined by the Division Manager and based on annual business plan.
• Maintain reports and notes within origination computer system to ensure complete exchange of information regarding loan application, loan status, conversations with customers, underwriting, lock in information, monthly projected closings, incentive, and expense reports.
• Participate in weekly “Pipeline” meetings with processor(s) or phone calls as required with full working knowledge of each file. Assist loan processing and closing departments to facilitate accurate and expeditious processing and closing of loans.
• Provide cash to closing information to NHC’s for Spotlight homes on a weekly basis.
Education and Experience Requirements:
One to two years as a Loan Officer or a Loan Officer Associate.
General mortgage banking background, including knowledge of lock procedures
Ability to maintain flexible work schedule, including evening and weekend work
Strong computer background with 1 to 2 years experience in mortgage software
Four-year college degree (preferred)
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong advisory and customer service abilities
Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent analytical capabilities
Strong work ethic
General office skills - ability to answer and coordinate telephone calls, take written messages and perform light bookkeeping
Ability to study material independently
Ability to drive motor vehicle
Valid driver’s license
NMLS License & specific State license and bond requirements and required training
Regular interaction with Home Building Division staff and management, sales associates, prospective home-buyers, lender representatives, North American Title Associates and Mortgage Division staff.
Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, fax machines, copier, climb stairs, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move, and carry materials and supplies weighing 20 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
Must have positive attitude, work well under pressure and be a team player
Must possess professional attitude to represent company in a positive manner
Interact well with co-workers
Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
Accept constructive criticism
Work weekends and evenings as needed